Request For Marriage Certificate

If you were married in Union County and would like to get a Marriage Certificate [also known as a certified copy of marriage license], please download, fill out, and print the Marriage Certificate Request Form. You can then either mail the form to the Court or you can bring to the court in person.

Click here for Marriage Certificate Request Form

Mail the Marriage Certificate Request Form to:

Union County Probate Court

In RE: Marriage Certificate

210 West Main Street

Union, SC 29379

There is a $5.00 fee for the Marriage Certificate. If you are mailing in the request, either send us a self-addressed stamped envelope or add $0.50 for postage [$5.50 total fees].

Please Note: That prior to 1911 the State of South Carolina did not issue marriage licenses. All marriages prior to 1911 in the State of South Carolina were common law marriages and therefore no official public record of the marriage exists.